From contacting the mayor to finding the number for the Herscher Fire department, please visit the Village Officials web page for all of your village questions.
|Address||272 E Second St.|
Herscher, IL 60941
|Village Hours||Mon – Fri 8 AM to 11:30 AM and 12 PM to 3:00 PM|
|Village President||Shannon Sweeney|
|Village Clerk||Heather Meredith|
|Deputy Village Clerk/Water Clerk||Vannessa Weaver|
|Village Treasurer||Sarah Andreina|
|Trustees||Jacob Wagner, John Branz, Andy Cotter, Peter (Skip) Grigas, Robert Voss and Mike Bruner|
Founded 1878. Incorporated 1882 located in southwestern Kankakee County. It is the “hub” of the Kankakee County West area. Home to over 40 business.
Home of the Herscher Community Unit School District #2. Grade centers in Herscher, Bonfield and Limestone Township. The school district covers 250 square miles. It has an outstanding record in academics, sports and music.
- The tornado warning siren is located on a tower by the Fire Station on Main Street.
- The siren is tested on the first Tuesday of every month at 10:00 AM.
- The siren is activated by KanComm (911) when a tornado has been spotted in Kankakee County. Sirens throughout Kankakee County are activated at the same time.
- Keep tuned to the local radio stations for updates (WIVR – 101.7 FM, WVLI – 95.1 FM, and WKAN – 1320 AM).
- There is no all clear signal.